Find out more about SEO Software
What is SEO Software?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is used for organic search marketing. SEO software helps to improve the ranking of websites in search engine results without paying for placement. These tools provide SEO insights to businesses through features such as trend analysis, backlink tracking, and keyword analysis. They can be used to identify and implement the best strategies to improve a website’s search ranking.
Many apps also offer analysis of competitor data and industry trends. SEO tools are used by SEO experts, and marketing and product teams to identify areas for improvement on websites that can improve rankings in leading search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Top SEO software tools also offer features to analyze ad placement, conversion metrics, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, and paid search optimization.
In short, an SEO software tool should analyze a website’s content and offer suggestions and data for improvements in search engine results pages, provide insightful reports on optimization-related metrics, and focus on improving organic search engine listings.
Most Popular SEO Software
Best SEO Software
How To Choose The Best SEO Software
SEO software is used by individuals and businesses to improve the ranking of their website in search engine results. The trick is to select the best SEO software solution for your specific needs. However, this can be a hard task given the scores of good quality apps out there. We help you by providing information on the features and factors to look for in your search.
Get to know each product with free trial
We recommend you start by signing up for the free trials offered by some of the best SEO software tools. This will enable you to check out each system’s features free of cost and learn whether it can be beneficial for your needs. You can visit the websites of these leading SEO software apps to check if they offer a free trial: Moz Pro, SEMrush, Moz Local, Raven Tools, and WebCEO.
SEO tools are used by marketing and product executives and teams, as well as SEO experts to learn about areas where they can improve their web properties to get higher rankings in popular search engines.
Examples of SEO Software
- Moz Pro: You can improve rankings and search engine visibility with Moz Pro’s complete SEO toolset. The app is powered by SEO metrics such as Domain Authority and Page Authority to give you high-quality data to do your job.
- SEMrush: A leading marketing software used by more than one million global professionals to power their SEO activities. SEMrush is a versatile and robust intelligence suite for online
- marketing and offers tools for SEO, PPC, social media, and video advertising research.
- Moz Local: Moz Local SEO can help your business stand out in search engine results. It is also a paid business listing syndication and distribution service.
- Raven Tools: An online marketing product for SEO, PPC, content marketing, social media and more. The app provides data to make your work easier.
- WebCEO: WebCEO offers 12 efficient SEO tools in one robust suite. You can optimize, analyze, maintain, and promote your site with these advanced tools and features.
Types of SEO Software
The different types of SEO software are listed below:
- Link Building: Link building tools can assist you to automate the process of link building.
- Analysis of Backlinks: Backlinks analysis tools help to check the incoming links of a specific page. They also help in analyzing the quality of the links. Another advantage is this SEO tool can analyze the link building strategies of your competitors which you could use to improve your website’s ranking.
- Research of Keywords: Before the advent of keyword research tools, keywords were found manually. Today, keyword research is done by SEO software.
- Technical SEO: Technical SEO tools sweep your site and check it for inconsistencies. The tool looks at all the pages, links, status codes, and meta descriptions, and gives you a detailed report on what needs to be improved to make your site more effective.
- Tracking of Ranks: A rank tracking tool helps you to track where your links are in the results pages. This knowledge can help you improve your SEO campaigns.
- Optimization of Content: Content optimization tools provide new ideas to write about and ensure your content is fully optimized before you post it online.
Key Features of SEO Software
Assistance for keyword targeting
You don’t have to do the tedious keyword research on your own. SEO software can do deeper research with quicker and more detailed results. Features include keyword rank tracking, Return on Investment (ROI) prioritization, and keyword density analysis.
You can find out about the SEO strategies used by your competitors and analyze them including their site architecture and the keywords they are targeting.
HTML validation and bad link removal
HTML errors and dead links can impact your page rank. SEO software can help you to find these on your site so that you can repair them quickly.
A site audit will analyze your site and offer suggestions to improve your rankings. It offers a great way to find out new opportunities to enhance your website.
Benefits of SEO Software
Successful SEO strategy starts with starting early and sustaining the campaign with good focus and attention. As competition is intense in all industries, a website with good visibility and ranking in search engines has become essential for business success. SEO software solutions offer the following practical benefits:
- A constant stream of sales opportunities
- The chance to score over your competitors
- An adjustable solution that can withstand changes in search engine algorithm
- Connect with customers through multiple devices (mobile and desktop)
- Diversify communication channels and lead sources
- Engage customers through relevant content
- Global exposure for your online business
- Improve brand awareness
- Invoke authority, trust, and credibility
- Impressive high rankings for greater visibility and access
Google has launched its Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project to build a more user-friendly mobile web with this new standard for creating web content for mobile devices. In short, this new standard provides rules to form a simpler version of HTML. The advantage is pages created in compliance with AMP load much more swiftly on all mobile devices.
The internet is a crowded place and businesses are using personal branding strategies to stand out in the market. One effective method is the use of branded URLSs which help you to make your business more personal. There are many benefits offered by personal branded URLs as they help your site score highly on Google’s search algorithms which boosts your SEO campaigns.
Low quality tools
You need to do proper research and homework to zero in on a good quality SEO software solution. Otherwise, you may end up investing in a cheap product which may give your low quality keywords, duplicate tags, and broken links.
Black hat SEO tools
Black hat SEO tools use techniques such as plagiarism through article spinning, link building using the same keyword, and increasing the keyword density in articles. These methods can boost your site’s search engine ranking instantly. But the gains are temporary because once search engines detect the malicious black hat activities, they will penalize your site, pull down its ranking, and block ad serving networks.
List of SEO Software Companies
Page last modified
Our site makes use of our special SmartScore™ mode to test all the software in the SEO Software category in orded to help you choose the best possible application. It takes into consideration the following aspects: core modules, collaboration capabilities, customization, integration, intuitiveness, help & support, how secure a software is, support for mobile devices, media rating. At the moment, Raven Tools is the leader in this category and our experts are really satisfied with it. Following thorough testing it received the best results among its competitors and our experts strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the alternatives for your company.
An overview of general user satisfaction with the services in our SEO Software category based on our unique algorythm that collects client reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media sites to help you make an informed investment decision.
Each vendor in the SEO Software category will have a different set of pricing plans for its product and every plan will include a unique set of features. Below we list the overal pricing for the most affordable package provided for each app. Keep in mind that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An overview of what type of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B tools in the SEO Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Check what languages and countries are served by the top B2B apps in the SEO Software category, including solutions designed for international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Examine what pricing plans are offered by the vendors in the SEO Software category to check which one fits your business requirements and expenses best. Be aware that certain services can support free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
An overview of what groups of clients a given B2B solution in the SEO Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.